Thursday, February 25, 2021

Memories of Freedom Fest, A 3 Day Camping, Music, and Cannabis Festival

Freedom Fest

In 1999, Ink Fetish and The Sacred Earth organized a 3 day camping music and cannabis festival in the Barrie area.  I found about Freedom Fest after seeing a flyer being distributed downtown Barrie in 2001.  Places I saw flyers being distributed including 360 Clothing,

I

2002,  I contacted Gaynor, the owner of Ink Fetish Tattoo Shop and organizer of Freedom Fest after 2002 flyer was distributed around downtown Barrie.  I went to Ink Fetish Tattoo Shop and promptly purchased my ticket and chatted up a storm about the event.  Once I had the ticket in hand, they ogranized a ride up to the site the night before and excited to be out of my fathers trailer for a few days, my first vacation on my own before I started college.

 

In 2003, I attended the Fifth Annual Freedom Fest at the Hideaway in Moonstone, Ontario.  I promptly went to Ink Fetish and bought my ticket and organized my ride.  The festival had its largest line-up including a series finale of the Ebombs Squad, Evil Bill and many more.

 


 


I would like to thank Rachel Rose for providing the photos of the Freedom Fest Flyers.  Keep your ears to the tracks as more photos get shared via the Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment