Friday, July 29, 2011

Boreal 2011, The Tempest: Post Show and Departure Day

July 16, 2011 10:15 PM



During Act 5, DJ Dave Boom sends the Tempest with a Bang while Prospero delivered the following

(Ye elves of hills, brooks, standing lakes and groves,
    And ye that on the sands with printless foot
    Do chase the ebbing Neptune and do fly him
    When he comes back; you demi-puppets that
    By moonshine do the green sour ringlets make,
    Whereof the ewe not bites, and you whose pastime
    Is to make midnight mushrooms, that rejoice
    To hear the solemn curfew; by whose aid,
    Weak masters though ye be, I have bedimm'd
    The noontide sun, call'd forth the mutinous winds,
    And 'twixt the green sea and the azured vault
    Set roaring war: to the dread rattling thunder
    Have I given fire and rifted Jove's stout oak
    With his own bolt; the strong-based promontory
    Have I made shake and by the spurs pluck'd up
    The pine and cedar: graves at my command
    Have waked their sleepers, oped, and let 'em forth
    By my so potent art. But this rough magic
    I here abjure, and, when I have required
    Some heavenly music, which even now I do,
    To work mine end upon their senses that
    This airy charm is for, I'll break my staff,
    Bury it certain fathoms in the earth,
    And deeper than did ever plummet sound
    I'll drown my book."  (The Tempest, act 5, William Shakespeare)







At 10:30 PM Dave Boom Slammed down some great tracks while Propero delivered his closing remarks before he retires for the night and than off to Naples.

Now my charms are all o'erthrown,
    And what strength I have's mine own,
    Which is most faint: now, 'tis true,
    I must be here confined by you,
    Or sent to Naples. Let me not,
    Since I have my dukedom got
    And pardon'd the deceiver, dwell
    In this bare island by your spell;
    But release me from my bands
    With the help of your good hands:
    Gentle breath of yours my sails
    Must fill, or else my project fails,
    Which was to please. Now I want
    Spirits to enforce, art to enchant,
    And my ending is despair,
    Unless I be relieved by prayer,
    Which pierces so that it assaults
    Mercy itself and frees all faults.
    As you from crimes would pardon'd be,
    Let your indulgence set me free. (William Shakespere)


After the show was declared closed, The laser was fired up for the post show celebrations before Propero's cell.






 The dance floor was packed for the post show celebrations at Prospero's Cell.




At 11:35 PM the Ableton Performance Controller was fired up for the first time with some great Techno and house tunes played by Maziar and Kain Mas.


Track Spot.  This is a great track to listen to.




At 12:45 AM The Congadog played a good hour of Bass N Drum before Mike Gibbs played some hard Techno.

July 17, 2011

At 11:30 AM, the famous Boreal Granola, Yorurt, and Fruit breakfast was served. 

taken by Sumi-Anne

At high Noon, DJ Rolland Cash played a three hour set while everyone hangs out by the water's edge or dance until the end of a hot day on the isle.

Taken by Sumi-Anne

At 4:30 PM, It's time to depart the isle and set sail for Naples, where Ferdinand and Miranda are married.


taken by Sumi-Anne

The ship is loaded and time to set sail for Naples.

Taken by Sumi-Anne, Altered by Phil

The Spirit of Prospero casts one final spell.  The seas were rough during that final voyage to Naples.  Many people got wet because water got into their canoes and one canoe possiblly flipped.


Taken by Bill Mahony, Altered By Phil

After landing in Naples, everyone gathered for a group photo and than it was time to check our bags into the Theatre By the Bay cube van.  When the buses arrived, Justin said, "Get your buns on the Bus"  When we appluded at the close of the Tempest, Prospero was set free.

Keep you Ears to the Tracks for more great blog entries.

Page Index

Boreal Page 1

Boreal Page 2

Boreal Page 3

No comments:

Post a Comment