Sunday, July 17, 2016

Memories of being a volunteer at the Theatre

Great Memories of Being a Volunteer at The Theatre

2007


In 2007, I wanted to become involved with the local theatre after watching Evil Dead the Musical for the second time.  I got in touch with Theatre By the Bay, a professional theatre company in Barrie, Ontario.  My primary duty at the theatre was to hand out programs as people proceed into the theatre prior the the performance.  The first show I saw for free was Pump Boys and Dinettes.  On My first shift, I volunteered and watched Sleeping Beauty's Summer Adventure.  I watched both of theses performaces several times.


Memorable line from Sleeping Beauty's Summer Adventure, "Sleep Country Canada, Why buy a mattress anywhere else.  In this production, audience members were pulled from the audience to hold brief cases in a Deal or No Deal sketch.



2008

In July 2008, I was exposed to Shakespeare for the first time,  I greeted people and watched A Midsummer's Night Dream at Heritage Park.  In August, I continued my duties of handing out programs at performances of Glorious, The World's Worst Singer and Cinderella's Summer Adventure.  I got the duty of selling the rings at kid's performances.

This is a design I made with the rings

Memorable Line from Glorious,  That's a man's Chair

2009



Theatre By the Bay has finally had its first production inside the Barrie Downtown Community Theatre, 1 Dunlop Street West.  I was very excited because a former cast member from Evil Dead The Musical, Kristan Brunn Played the role of Malvolio in Twelfth Night. I got to spend plenty of time talking to him about my memories from Evil Dead the Musical.  I also met up with Micheal Rawley.





Music Is The Food of Life 


I fell in love with Peter Pan and Tinkerbell's Summer Adventure Because it was the first time seeing Peter Pan in the theatre.  I got the duty of selling rings and halos before and after the performances. 


A moment from Peter Pan and Tinkerbell's Summer Adventure,  The whole audience got to participate in the Chicken Dance.


After the performance closed,  I asked a friend at Theatre By the Bay about the Peter Pan costume because was a great costume to wear out.

Click and continue reading about 2010, A season to Tame a Shrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment