Wednesday, January 19, 2011

How I found Reiki

In 2002, I discovered Reiki after seeing the word on a sign at the Earth and Sky Connection in Barrie Ontario.  I was curius what Reiki was and asked inside the store what it was.  The shop keeper tolde me it was a healing therapy where I lay on a massage table and practitioner will place his or hands on or over my body.

My First Reiki Session

In April, 2003,  I went to a restaurant called Fooda Buddha in Barrie Ontario and they offered a Reiki Exchange on the third Saturday of the month.  When the date arrived, I went to the Reiki Exchange, and hopped onto the massage table and relaxed while two practioners worked on me for 30 - 45 minutes.  Upon conclusion of my first Reiki Session, I was given a glass of water to drink and take a few minutes to get myself together.  When I steped outside of the restaurant, I felt lighter and things seemed brighter for a few moments.

Reiki Inspiration I

In the Summer of 2005, I got inspired to take my Reiki Level 1 after receiving a reiki session at Kimbercote Farm following the Music Choas Festival.  The practioner's name was Garlic (Kyle).  He gave me a second treatment called Plant Sprit Medicing where I had to lay still for 20 minutes and relax.  If I got up during before the 20 minutes was over, the healing will not be complete.  After the 20 minutes, Garlic took my pulses and than I got up very slowly.

Reiki Inspiration II

I got inspired to take my Reiki Level 1 after I received an intense healing session from Brent Titcomb at the Eaglewood Folk Festival in 2005.  Brent spent an hour working on me after I asked him to place his hand om my head.  Brent asked me to lay down on the grass behind the instrumental lock-up trailer and I really enjoyed his presence and his wonderful healing work.  Brent used reiki, pendulems, and toning while working on me.  Following the session,  I felt alive when I got up and took in the Drum circle and there was a special Dijridoo workshop which was a great surprise.

Reiki Level 1

On October 5, 2005, I took my Reiki Level 1 class and followed that inspiration of wanting to learn Reiki.  I got to take this course with my former partner with Lorinda Weatherall.  This course was my first time experience of learning a healing art and working on my partner. 

After taking the course,  I started attending the Reiki Exhanges and I got plenty of time to practice on other people and receive a treatment over the course of the evening.  At Reiki exchanges, people gather around the table and sometimes there are conversations or it may be a quiet evening.  Each Reiki Session is differnt to the last one.

Reiki Level II



In April, 2006, I took my Reiki Level II with Lorinda Weatherall because I wanted to get more out of Reiki.  During this class I got to learn the three primary symbols, Power, Harmony, and Distance.  In the Summer of 2006, I met up with another Level II practioner on my excursion and got to hang out with her and work on people in the Calm Tent.

Reiki Level III



In January, 2008, I took my third degree of Reiki with Lorinda at her new space on Dunlop Street West.  I took this class before I went to the Special Olympics National Games in Quebec City.  I want to take my third degree to get inspired to do great at skiing.  I continued to attend Reiki exchanges and practice Reiki on my friends in the days to come.

I will take my Reiki Master course in the future when the time comes.

Keep your Ears to the Tracks for other Healing Encounters.



No comments:

Post a Comment