Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What Doese Bourse Mean?

Monday, October 17th, 2011

I was doing some laundary at the Dryertheatre (Laundromat), I saw a poster for a Stamp Collection / Show in the city of Barrie.  There was a word that caught my eye on the poster.

The Title of the poster read,

"50th Annual Barrie Stamp Show & Bourse"

What Did Bourse Mean to me?

When I saw the word Bourse, I thought they mis-typed the word Course.  In my Eyes the poster  should have read, "50th Annual Barrie Stamp Show & Course."   I thought that the Annual Barrie Stamp show was offering a course on stamp collecting and exchange for beginners.

What doese Bourse mean?

Bourse may be refered to an exchange (Organized market), or a stamp show without exhibits (dealers only),

Refrence

Bourse-Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourse, October 18, 2011

Keep your Ears to the Tracks for more weird words that I may come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment