Sunday, February 12, 2012

More High School Dance Music Memories from the Radio

Music of the High School Days Part II

In Grade XI and XII, I heard some great tracks during these final two years of High School.  You would remember listening to songs like Boom Boom Boom, or We like to Party released by the Venga Boys.

Innisdale Secondary School, Barrie, Ontario.  I attended this high school
from Grade 10 - 12.  Attended two Dance A Thons, and Discoverd the
Groove Box in Grade 12.  

If you have not read and learned about the classic dance music tracks I loved during Grade IX and X, lets click here and enjoy the memories.

Grade XI

During the Grade 11 school year, there were some more great music heard on the Radio and I also recorded music off the Chris Sheppard Radio show every sunday on blank cassettes to play back later.

Bassment Jaxx, Can you Feel the Bass, I recorded a version off Chris Sheppard Pirate Radio which was composed by SQ 1

Binary Finary, 1998 - Paul Van Dike Remix, I heard this song for the first time on the Chris Shepard Radio show

Brooklyn Bounce, Contact

Eiffel 65, Blue

Faithless, God is a DJ

                  Take the Long Way Home

Joee Conns, Get Funkee, I heard this track for the first time on the Chris Sheppard Radio Show in the summer of 1998 at Blackdown Army Cadet Summer Training Centre.

Klubheads, Kickin Hard, 1998, I heard this track for the first time at ACSTC Blackdown.  I recorded it off the Chris Sheppard Radio Show.  This track was very popular and played almost every week.

Perfect Phase, Horny Horns, 1999, I recorded this track in the winter of 2000 on the Chris Sheppard Pirate Radio Show on a Sunday evening.  This track was dropped during an All Ages night at Barrie's Roxx Nightclub on June 28, 2000

Phats & Small, Feels Good,1999

Venga Boys, Up and Down

                      We Like to Party (The Venga Bus)

SQ 1, Can you feel the Bass, Original Mix.  I recorded this track off the Chris Sheppard Radio show in the spring of 1999 on the boat.  This version was very hard to find.  I also referred this track as Heart Monitor.

Veracocha, Carte Blanche, (Original Mix).  This track was discovered while I was recording the Chris sheppard Radio show in the spring of 1999 on my father's boat.  This track reminded me of the Battle Theme from Final Fantasy VII.

Wamdue, King of My Castle. This was a popular mainstay on the Hits 103.5 since 1998.  I recorded this track from a Friday or Saturday night Live To Air broadcast


Grade XII

Alice Deejay, I Can See (See It in your Eyes), 2000

ATB, 9PM Till I Come

Ayla, Ayla - Original DJ Taucher Mix  I discovered this hidden gem of a track on the 1groove.com Global Sound System on CIUT 89.5 FM in December 1999.

The Black and White Brothers, Put your hands up in the Air,1998.  I heard this song for the first time at the 1999 Innisdale Dance A Thon,  This track is on Club hits, 2000

Cevin Fisher, (You Got Me) Burnin' Up, 1999

Chicane, Saltwater. 1999 I recorded this track onto a cassette tape from the Chris Shepard Pirate Radio Show on Hits 103 dot 5  FM (Z 103) in Aug, 1999.  
 
DJ Sakin & Friends, Protect Your Mind (Lange Remix), 1999. This track was discovered on my radio during a 1groove.com broadcast during the Christmas Holidays of 1999.

DJ Taucher, Child of the Universe, (1999).  I discovered this track during the Christmas Holidays in 1999 while I was recording music during a late night broadcast of 1groove.com on CIUT 89.5 FM

Eifel 65, Move Your Body

              My Console

First Base, Follow Me (1999)

Jennifer Lopez, Waiting for Tonight, 1999

La Cream, Say Goodbye, 1999

Lost Witness, Happiness Happening (Lange Remix), 1999.  I discovered this hidden track while recording from the 1 Groove.com broadcast on CIUT FM over the Christmas Holidays in 1999.

Marc Et. Claude, I need your lovin' (Just like the Sunshine) (HH Respect Mix ), 2000.  I discovered this remix while I was recording music from the 1 Groove.com radio broadcast on CIUT FM at the start of the Summer Holidays in 2000. 

Markus Schulz, You Won't See Me Cry (Pablo Gargano Mix), 2000.  I discovered this track while recording music from the 1groove.com Brodcast on CIUT 89.5 FM

Mr Oizo, Flat Beat,

New OrderConfusion Pump Panel Remix, (1998) This track is commonly known as the Vampire Club track in the movie Blade

Robbie Tronco, Fright Train, I heard this track on the Chris Sheppard Radio Show in the fall of 1999.  This track is on Club Hits, 2000

Venga BoysBoom Boom Boom


That is all for today,  If you remember the TV show Electric Circus,  I held an Electric Circus in my Grade X English class at the end of the 1997 - 1998 School year

Post High School, 2000 - 2001

After I graduated High School, there were a few more awesome tracks on Hits 103.5 and I continued to tape as they catch my ears.  Some of these tracks I remember hearing once or twice and had no chance to record them.  I bought MC Mario.com which had some of the songs I loved from that era.

Aquagen, Party alarm, 2000  I discovered this track in the summer of 2000 on 1groove.com.  When I heard this track, I popped a tape into the recorder and hit record.

ATC, Around the World

Bloodhound Gang, Bad Touch

Bomfunk MC, Freestyler, 1999

Daft Punk, One More Time

Darude, Sandstorm, Oct 1999

              Feel The Beat, 2000

Unknown artist, Eternity?, I do not know the artist and the actual title of this track.  I am titling it Eternity because the main word is Eternity.  I discovered this Celtic trance track on the 1groove.com broadcast in the summer of 2000.  follow the link and listen to this sample https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO2SCiI439oIf anyone knows drop a message on this page.

Delerium, Silence Ft. Sara McLachlan Tiesto Remix, 1997 - 99

Ian Van Dahl, Castles in the Sky

Kernkraft 400, Zombie Nation

Lock and Load, Blow Ya Mind, 1999 In the summer of 2000, I heard this track for the first time at a dance at the Connaught National Army Cadet Training Centre.  This track features a Cat Scan Dance rhythm.  This track was a popular track G Roc dropped at the Roxx Boiler Room after it's inception in August, 2001

The Ones, Flawless, (2001)

Public Domain, Opeation Blade ,Bass in the Place, (2000)

Safri Dou, Played-A-Live (AKA Bongo Song)

Voodoo and Serano, Blood is Pumpin

College

Richard F. Feat. Samantha Stock - Let The Sunshine Thru, 2004


Keep your Ears to the Tracks for more great songs to added to the play list.



No comments:

Post a Comment