Friday, September 28, 2012

Silly Pictures Series 2

September, 1993, It was the first day of school in Grade V.  I took out a blank piece of paper and started to draw a bunch of random silly pictures that depict events from the video games I played.  I also drawn pictures to do with a automatic car washes too.

The Wigglers
 
 
The Wigglers is the first thing you see as you approach the car wash tunnel.  They can be very scary and strange to drive into if it's your first trip to the car wash..  The Wigglers are also known as Flappers.  The real term is the Mitter Curtain.  When I was a child, I also called the wigglers a curtain because they remind me of window curtains.
 


The Umper

The Umper is a dryer in a car wash.  This dryer dries the car with heat lamps.  The first car wash I visited had a dryer like this was the Parkway Car Wash on Sheppard Ave.  This dryer can be scary because of the sounds it makes.  It makes an Ump sound as the lights flicker on and off.

The Hair Dryer



The Hair Dryer is the typical vaccuum dryer you see in car wahes of the the 1980's and beynd.  This dryer will roll up the windshield and suck the water off your car.  I drawn this picture because my grandfather took me through the Canadian Tire Car Wash at 2370 Finch Avenue West.


A Door in City Hall (Robo Cop NES)


This is a door in City Hall.  I borrowed Robo Cop for the NES over the summer of 1993 from a class mate.  City Hall is the second level in Robo Cop for the NES.


Later in the 1993 - 1994 School year I have drawn other silly pictures like the Electric Cross and other weird crucifixion pictures on the back cover of my writing book.

Keep your ears to the tracks for more silly pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment