Thursday, September 13, 2012

Silly Pictures, Series 1

What was a "Silly Picture"


In 1993, I was sitting in class and a thought came though my head and I drawn it on a cardborad pencil box.  Some pictures were considered disturbing and inappropriate for a grade IV class.

Under The Knife

Under The Knife was my first silly picture I have drawn.  The idea came from a catagory in the "$100,000 Pyramid" gameshow.  When I thought of Under The Knife came into my head in Grade IV, I drawn this picture below.  I thought it may mean a person is on a table under a giant knife.  The term means you are undergoing surgery.



Untitled

This was the second picture I drawn on my pencil case in Grade IV.  I got the idea of this picture from an episode of Danger Mouse.  I do not recall the episode title, one day I will find it.



The Electric Chair in the Air

The Electric Chair in the Air was created from a combination of two scenes from two seperate films.  The tall back Electric Chair was from "Ernest Goes to Jail".  The Chair was elevated came was a thought that came out of my head after watching "The Death of the Incredible Hulk".

 A week later the picture was destroyed by my teacher because I was sat and giggled at this picture.

The Finger Pointing

In October, 1993, I drawn another silly picture entitled "The Finger Pointing."  This picture depitaes a person getting into trouble with his parents after doing something that was not acceptable.  The picture was drawn initally on an Evaluation Sheet upon conclusion of the "Weather Unit" in Grade V Environmental Studies class.




The Elevator Door and Slaxx (Interior)

This is a favorite Silly picture I drawn in my math workbook in Grade V.  I drawn this pictue when I heard the movie "The Mouse And the Motorcycle" playing in the other classroom. I was inspired to draw this picture becuase I heard the music of my favorite scene when the mouse was riding around the hotel onboard a toy ambulance towards the elevator.



Keep your Ears to the Tracks for Silly Pictures Series 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment