Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Lays Chips Contest

In the Summer of 1992, Me and my brother bugged my grandfather to pick up a small bag of chips every day because there was a contest where I could win a Game Boy, SNES, Yoshie, or Metroid II: Return of Samus.  Inside each bag of chips there is a red ticket that features a half or quarter of a picture of the prize.  In order to win, you must collect all the tickets to complete the picture.



To Win the SNES you must find four tickets in bags of chips because the picture of the SNES is broken into four quarters.  If you want to win a Game Boy, you must find three tickets that feature the top, middle, and the bottom of the Game Boy.  If you want to win either Yoshi for the NES or Metroid II: Return of Samus, you must find both halves of the picture.  If you manage to get the pictures complete, you must send in the pictures and answer the skill testing question in order to claim your prize.  My brother figured out the skill testing question and he told me that the answer is 9.

My brother was wanting to win a SNES, and I jumped on the band wagon with buying a bag of chips every day while driving around looking at jobs with my Grandfather.  I was very unlucky with this contest because I got the same tickets in differnt bags.  The face of the chip bags featured a picture of Mario riding on Yoshi from Super Mario World.

In the fall of 1992, the contest closed and I gave up.  In the following summer there was another contest where I could win a million dollars.

Keep your Ears to the Tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment