Monday, October 4, 2010

The Hotels I stayed in

During my childhood, My Grandfather took me to interesting places like Niagara Falls, Myrtle Beach, and Orlando Florida.  This is a partial list of the Hotels and Motels I stayed in on my trips.

Micheals Inn

Niagarara Falls ,ON



In December 1986, I stayed in the Micheals Inn on the north side of the Rainbow Bridge.  When I stayed in this hotel, I went to Clifton Hill for the first time.  My Grandfather took me inside a wax museum where it was dark and there was thunder and lightining.  My Grandfather took me out because I had a Freak Out due to the thunder.  This was the first hotel that the swimming pool and our room was on the same floor and there was no elevator ride.  The swimming pool was inside a greenhouse.

Parkway Inn

St. Catharines, ON

In 1989, I went to the Parkway Inn in St. Catharines, Ontario for March Break.  This hotel had an indoor pool which was cold and a bowling alley.  The hotel room was on the fourth floor and it overlooked a Sunoco Carwash.

Envoy Motor Inn, 102 Niagara Street, Niagara Falls, NY

In Auguest, 1989, My Grandfather took me to the USA for the first time.  The Enoy was located on Niagara Street.  This hotel was a small two storey building and it had a bar in the basement with a spiral stairway.  This was the first spiral stairway I been on.  In the mid 1990's the hotel burned down.

Ramada Inn, Bekeley, WV

In 1990, En-Route to Myrtle Beach, My Grandfather took took me to a Ramada Inn in Bekeley, WV for the night.  This was my first time taking an extened holiday in the USA.  In the evening, My Grandfather took me to the Crossroads Shopping Centre for an evening of window shopping.

Green Briar Hotel, Myrtle Beach, SC

In 1990, My grandfather decided to stay in this hotel.  This hotel had a nice warm swimming pool and a breezeway elevator.  The hotel room was on the third floor and across the hall from the Elevator.  During this holiday, my grandfather took me mini golfing at four mini putt courses like Mobey Dick, Treasure Island, and Rainbow Falls.  I had a lot of fun at these intersting mini golf courses because they featured tunnels, caves, and other themes.

Holiday Inn,

In 1990, My Grandfather took me to a Holiday Inn on the drive home and it had an elevator with a white interior.  This hotel was seen from the highway.  That is all I Rekall.

Holiday Inn, Kalamazoo, MI

In September, 1990, My Grandfather took me to the Holiday Inn in the east end of Kalamazoo, MI.  This hotel has a warm indoor pool that I could swim in for hours.   During the stay at this hotel, my Grandfather took me to a Bob Even's Restaurant for dinner and the service was slow.  By the time I got out of there it was 10:18 at night.

Summit Motor Inn, 9500
Niagara Falls Blvd, Naiagar Falls, NY




In 1991, My Grandfather took me to the Summit Motor Inn on Niagara Falls Blvd.  This hotel featured a nice indoor pool to enjoy for hours.  I have stayed in this hotel several times on shopping trips to the USA.  The hotel's arcade had a game called Shooting Master that I have played.  I kept getting killed.

Lockport Inn,




This is the first Best Western Hotel I ever stayed in.  This hotel is located on Transit Road in Lockport, NY.  This is the first hotel that my aunt rented a NES.  With the NES rental, the hotel provided five games to play including Mega Man 2, Xeyez, Road Blasters, Friday the 13th, and Skate or Die.  My aunt bought Dr Mario during that trip and played it on the rented NES.  This hotel featured in indoor pool which I found cold.  On one occasion during a stay in this hotel, Me and my brother Ed, raced each other with the elevator.  I run up and down the stairs by the front desk.  Below the stairs was a locked display case.  The hotel clerk told me that I will never return to Canada if I happen to slip and fall through the stairs into the display case.

Court Capri, Myrtle Beach, SC



In 1991, My grandfather took me to the Court Capri Hotel in Myrtle Beach SC.  This hotel had two buildings.  There was the main building which housed the swimming pool and the office and a second building across the street.  When I stayed there, I was in the building across the street.  This is the second breezeway hotel I ever stayed in.  The hotel unit featured two bedrooms and a kitchen.  The indoor pool was great to enjoy and my grandfather got me swimming fins because I wanted some.  The swimming fins were very uncomfortable because they were too small. During this holiday, I went to a zoo and visited the shopping mall.

Comfort INN, Lockport, NY




In 1991, My grandfather and my aunt stayed in this hotel twice.  Both times I stayed in this hotel was because the Lockport INN was booked up.  During the first stay in this hotel, I inquired at the front desk about renting a NES, They had the same five games the Lockport Inn had.  My Grandfather opted out of renting a NES during holidays in the USA. 

Red Roof Inn




In the Spring of 1991, My Grandfather took me to a Red Roof Inn in Hamburg, NY.  The hotel is off the NY State Thruway (I 90). The hotel's main feature was the red shingled roof at the front of the building.  During the stay, my grandfahter got me pair of Super Mario PJs while on a shopping trip at the Mc Kinley Mall in Buffalo NY.  During my holidays with my Grandfather, I stayed in a few Red Roof Inns.

I will be blogging more about hotels again,

Keep your Ears to the tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment