Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hotels I have Stayed in Page II

In the Previous page of Hotels I stayed in, I stayed in Michaels Inn, Parkway INN, and many more.  In 1991 - 1995, I have stayed in hotels like the Red Roof Inn, Days Inn, Microtel, etc.

Drew's Esquire Motel



In 1991, my Grandfather took me to this motel twice.  This motel is located on Niagara Falls Blvd, in North Tonawanda, NY. I was very lucky because we got room #7 both times.  Inside the room, there were a pair of tickets that read" Free, To Heaven" on the top line.  This motel had an outdoor pool and the Wheatfield Animal Hospital is a short drive west of the motel.  On the second stay at this motel, my Grandfather picked up Mega Man 3 at K Mart.

Red Roof Inn, Dearborn MI



This is the second Red Roof Inn I stayed at with my Grandfather.  During this trip, My grandfather took me to Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum.  In the Henry Ford Museum, there was an interesting chair that looked like a Dental Chair.  During this trip, I went for an elevator ride in a nearby department store.

Days Inn, Dayton OH


In July 1991, My grandfather took me on a roadtrip to Ohio and we landed at this Days Inn in the north end of Dayton Ohio.  The hotel is located off I 75.  During the stay at this hotel, I went to the US National Air Force Museum for the day.  In the evening, my grandfather took me north on I 75 to Tip City and Troy to do some shopping.  In Troy, OH, My grandfather took me to a Wal-Mart and I looked at some movies in the electronics section.  I found the movie Total Recall, a movie I dread to watch.  I looked at the left side of the video cover and my stomach cringed because of this picture below.



After staying at the Days INN in Ohio, My grandfather took me to the Ohio Caverns.  The Ohio Caverns is my first cave trip I took with my grandfather.

Knights INN

Following the trip to Ohio Caverns, we stayed one more night in the USA at a Knight Inn in the north end of Detroit MI.  The hotel room featured fancy stained wood ceiling beams.  In this hotel room, I watched a Super Mario Bros 3 cartoon and Captian N for the first time.

Microtel INN, WIlliamsville, NY

In January 1992, my Grandfather took me to the Microtel in Cheektowaga, NY.  This hotel was quite unique with a bunk bed on the window sill.  The television in the hotel room was suspended from the ceiling by the window.  When I stayed in this hotel for the first time, I left behind a copy of Nintendo Power Magazine, Vol 32 in the room before returning to Canada. 

Family INN, Knoxville, TN

In March, 1992, My Grandfather stopped for the night at the Family Inn in Knoxville, TN  This was a standard two bed room with bath.  There was not much to say about it.

Condo Rental, Orlando FL

In March, 1992, My Grandfather took me to Florida for March Break.  I was looking forward to this trip because I wanted to see Nickelodeon Studios at Universal Studios Florida.  I stayed for a week in a Condo that features a full kitchen, and two bedrooms.  The advantage of this place was that I did not have to worry about sleeping with the TV on.  The Condo rental was located off of Route 441 south of Interstate 4.  I visited places like the Florida Mall, Gatorland, and the Kennedy Space Centre.  Overall, this was the best place I ever stayed with my Grandfather.

Conclusion,

In 1992 - 1995, I stayed in the Summit Motor Inn, Lockport Inn, and the regular hotels I have stayed at in New York State.  In March, 1993, I took one more trip to Myrtle Beach, SC and in July 1995, I took a trip to Chattanooga TN to see Ruby Falls and did lots of driving around.  These stories will be coming soon.

Keep your Ears to the Tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment