Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Hotels I stayed in Page III

In 1993 - 1995, I stayed in a Red Roof Inn in Willimasville, NY, Econo Lodge in Williamsville, NY, Days INN, Niagara Falls,ON ,and Master Hosts Inn, Niagara Falls, ON  I have stayed in the Summit Motor INN and the Lockport INN a few more times.

Red Roof INN, Williamsville, NY

In the fall of 1992, my grandfather took me to the Red Roof Inn in Williamsville, NY.  This hotel is off Interstate 90 and Transit Road.  The room was the usual two bed room with a heater.  All of the Red Roof Inns I stayed in did not have a swimming pool to have fun in.  At these hotels, I just ran around the building on both floors.  I have stayed in this hotel twice.

Red Roof Inn, Richmond VA

In March of 1993, my Grandfather took me to another Red Roof Inn in Richmond, VA en-route to Myrtle Beach.  When I checked in, it was a late evening and we slept the night and headed to Myrtle Beach early the next morning

Poindexter Hotel, Myrtle Beach, SC

In March 1993, My Grandfather stayed in the Poindexter Hotel in Myrtle Beach.  When I arrived in Myrtle Beach, I was caught in the Storm of the Century. The entire week while I was at Myrtle Beach, the weather was cold that you would need a spring jacket.  I went to Treasure Island for a game of mini golf and visited Maze Mania.  This hotel had four buildings.  I was in the Dunes, that was the fourth building.  The building was the third Breezeway hotel I ever stayed in.

I enjoyed Maze Mania because it was the first life size maze I visited.  The object of the maze is to find the cheese and exit the maze within the time limit.  When you start the maze, you will punch your time card, enter the maze, find the Cheese and punch it, Find the exit of the maze, and Punch out.  If you beat the posted time, you will win a free T-shirt.  People can play the maze as many times through the day as you wish.  If you been to Maze Mania several times, the maze is changed daily.

Econo Lodge, Williamsville, NY



In 1993, I stayed in the Econo Lodge in Williamsville, NY.  This was the only hotel room that had three beds.  I was very happy about this hotel room rental because I had my own bed for the night. 

Days INN, Niagara Falls, ON



In 1994, my Grandfather decided to stay on the Canadian Side for a weekend excursion the the USA because of the Canadian Dollare was falling.  There are two Days inn hotels in Niagara Falls,  This hotel is located on Victoria Ave.  The hotel room was across the hall from the elevator and it featured floor to ceiling windows.  During this trip I went to Smokin Joes to get gas, and shopping on Military Road.

Master Hosts INN, Niagara Falls, ON

In March 1994, my grandfather took a March Break weekend to Niagara Falls.  The Master Hosts Inn was loctated on Clifton Hill and Oneida Lane.  The hotel room was on the second floor and it overlooked a giant Castle Dracula Sign



The hotel featured a cold swimming pool on the third floor and it overlooked Castle Dracula too.  The Castle Dracula sign was my favorite thing that I looked at over the three day stay at Master Hosts Inn.  The hotel offered free admission tickets to five Clifton Hill Attractions including the House of Frankenstein, Haunted House, Fun House, Adventure Dome, Genesis World Records Museum.  At the time, I did not want to go into House of Frankenstein, Haunted House, and the Fun House.  My Grandfather took me in to the Adventure Dome because it was not scary.  The Adventure Dome film takes you on a roller coaster, street car in San Francisco, and a freeway at Breakneck Speeds.  The film ends with a scary crash which scared the living daylights out of me.  On the second day, My grandfather took me to USA for some shopping along Military Road at Hills, Tops, and K Mart.  I did get to take a dip into the the third floor swimming pool and I complained that it was way too cold.

Days INN, Niagara Falls, ON

March 1995,  This was the last hotel trip my Grandfather took me on before getting a truck camper in the summer.  This is the second Days Inn in Niagara Falls I stayed in.  This hotel is located on Stanley Ave and Murrey Hill.  The hotel was a 15 storey highrise and I loved running up and down the stairs in this tall building.  My brother raced me up and down in the elevator while I was in the stairwell.  Over the weekend, I got a telephone call form the office because of the elevators were being tied up with my brother racing me in the stairway.  The swimming pool was warmer than the Master Hosts Pool and I was able to enjoy it.

On this trip I visitied the Niagara Falls Museum, Minolota Tower Centre, and the Skylon Arcade.

In the Skylon Arcade, I stumbled upon this game where the person is strapped in.  I only seen this game once.  I was attracted to this game because you are strapped in while it moves 360 degrees while you are playing. 

Conclusion

The Holidays my Grandfather took me on were quite memorale.  I enjoyed looking at a Castle Dracula sign at Master Hosts Inn, visiting Maze Mainia in Myrtle Beach, and the good old driving around and visiting random places like Ohio Caverns.  The best hotel for a warm swimming pool is the Summit Motor Inn in Niagara Falls, NY.  The Summit Motor INN was the hotel I stayed in the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment