Saturday, October 9, 2010

SNES Games I Rented

In 1995, I got a SNES for Christmas from my Grandfather.  The NES was going out of date and the last game for the NES was Wario's Woods.  There were some great RPGs that I wanted to try out like 7th Saga and Final Fantasy III.  Between 1996 - 1998, I rented many RPG games.  I will run them down here.

7th Saga Rented three times

This is the first RPG game I ever played on the SNES besides Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past.  I loved this game beacuse it had great music.  My favorite music track is the dungeon theme and the various town themes.  I played this game with my brother and successfully finished this game.

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

This is the second RPG game I ever rented on the SNES.  I was interested in this title because of the title Final Fantasy.  Final Fantasy Mystic Quest is an easier RPG compared to the other Final Fantasy titles.  My favorite tracks from this game are Doom Castle, Focus Tower, and the Final Boss themes.


Final Fantasy III

I rented this title because I saw interesting pictures of this game in an issue of Nintendo Power magazine in 1996.  I rented this game a few times and I did not finish it.  When I rented it for the second time, My Grandfather was in the hospital for two weeks.

Secret Of Mana

I rented this game at the same time my brother rented Utopia.  I played this game and mainly explored the levels on a previous played file.  There were great soundtracks.  My favorite was the Grand Palace theme.
Final Fantasy II

My brother rented Final Fantasy II.  I played this game with my brother and successfuly finish this game over a two week rental period.  This game had a great soundtrack.  My favorite themes were Baron Castle, Dwarf Castle, and more.

Secret of Evermore

I rented this game in June 1996.  This game was similar to Secret of Mana because of the circular menu screen.  When I was playing this game and exploring levels on a previous played file, I managed to lose the Windwalker and not able to fly to other parts of the world map.  This game had a great soundtrack.  I loved the Great Pyramid theme.

Equinox

This was the first Temper Tantrum Game I ever played.  Why is it a Temper Tantrum Game?  In this game, there were many traps like spikes, moving platforms etc.  If I miss a moving platform by an inch, I would fall onto a bed of spikes and here the most annoying dying sound.  The dying sound sounds like someone crying.  Everytime I heard that sound, I growned or took a temper tantrum.

Illusion of Gaia

This is the first game I rented from a Block Buster Video in Keswick.  I declare this game a One-Way game.  When you clear some levels, you may not be able to return to previous visited places anymore.  There was great game play, music, and more.  I started playing this game at the last level and finished the game on one play because I did not know that the Tower of Babel was the final level of the game.

Soul Blazer

My brother rented this game while I was visiting a friend.  When I got home, I found my brother playing a good adventure RPG game.  When I just started watching my brother play, my Grandfather told me it was time to shut the game down for the night and go to bed because I had to go to school the next day.  When I got home from school, I wanted to play this game, I hurried up and put the game on and explored the game.  This game had great music to enjoy.

Lagoon

I rented this game in the fall of 1996 from Blockbuster Video.  This game had several great tracks to enjoy.  My favorite tracks from this game is the Elf Field, Ice Cave, and Lagoon Castle.  This game had some temper tantrum spots because of hard to clear gaps and difficult boss battles.  This game is a One-Way Game because there are parts of the game you cannot return to once you pass.  For example, you cannot return to Atland once you arrive in the Elf Field.  The second One-Way spot is the Clouds and Lagoon Castle.  Once you are on the clouds stage or Lagoon Catle, you cannot return to the Ice Cave and Lialty

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom

This is a great game I have played.  The game play is very quick in the towns and places where there no battles.  On the World Map, play control is very slow.  This game has some great soundtracks.  I love the castle, tower, and the Fortress of Doom themes.
Chrono Trigger



This rpg game was very difficult to rent because it was out every time I tried to get it.  every time it was out, I had to look for another good game to pick.  The Newmarket Blockbuster Video had a limited selection of RPG games on the shelf.  The most popular RPG games were always out.  Once I finally got my hands on the game, I was happy to play it.  This game had great soundtracks and it was a two-way game.  The only parts of the game that you cannot return to once it's clear is the Tryno Palace in the Prehistoric Age, Ocean Palace in the Dark Ages, Guardia Castle Dungeons in the Present, and the Black Omen once it's cleared.  You can keep the Black Omen accessable in the Middle Ages or Dark Ages if you clear it in the Present Age.  My favorite themes in this game is Chrono's theme, Guardia Castle, Zeal Palace, Frog's Theme, and many more.

Lufia II, The Rise of the Sinistrals

I rented this game at Jumbo video and I had it for six days.  I loved this game because it had great music and ameplay.  My favorite music themes was The village of Narvick, Sealed Tower, Castle, and Mountain Theme.  When I took the game back, I thought it was a weekly rental, I was charged extra and my grandfahter did not rent me another game that week.

Earthbound



In December 1996, I rented Earthbound from Blockbuster Video.  This is a unique RPG because it involves the use of an ATM to withdraw or deposit funds.  It's set in a modern like age.  There are some great sound tracks to listen to.  My favorite themes is the town of Onnett, and Winters.  This game final level is the only One-Way zone.  Once you get the time machine working, you are able to access the final level.  Once you enter the final level, you are unable to return until you clear the level and finish the game. 

Brandish

I rented Brandish at Jumbo Video in Newmarket.  This game interested me because I saw pictures and tips in an issue of Nintendo Power Magazine.  I found the music interesting.  My favorite themes were the Tower, and Fortress.

Obitus

I rented this game at Bandito Video in Barrie.  I played this game and I had a hard time getting anywhere.  The Stamina guage decreases as I played.  Once either the health or stamina gauge hits ZERO, the game is over.  you can save this game anywhere.

Dungeon Master

I rented Dungeon Master from Video 99 in Innisfil Beach.  I managed to play this game until I my stamina gauages in my players hit Zero.  Once either the life or stamina guage hits ZERO, the player is Dead.  The stamina potions will give some stamina and it will drop very quickly.  The important thing in this game is to feed your players food and water.  This game has some great tracks to listen to.  my favorite theme is the Hall of Champions.

These game were the games that I wanted to play.  Sometimes my brother may rent boring games like Sim City, Rampart, or Monolopy.  Boring games may be good for a few hours and I want a change.

More will be listed as soon as I remember,

Keep your ears to the Tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment