Wednesday, September 29, 2010

SNES Games I Owned

On Christmas Day, 1995, my Grandfather got me a Super Nintendo to replace the NES because it was not working due to the horrible curse that Scott's games caused.  When I got the SNES, the games worked as soon as I turned on the machine.  I only had a few games to start and I did not like them as much as the ones I wanted to play.  Most of the games I played were rented from Blockbuster Video and Jumbo Video.  When I moved to Innisfil, ON, I rented games from the Sideroad Gallery and Video 99.

Christmas 1995

Aero the Acrobat

Aero the Acrobat was the first game I got with my SNES.  This game is circus theme game where you got to finish the level by jumping on Star Platforms,  jumping through rings, etc.  I was quite into this game in 1997 because I successfully got past the circus.

Battle Clash

My Grandfathe got me this game with the SNES.  I was not able to play it because I needed an acessory called the Super Scope.  The Super Scope was the gun acessory for the SNES.  My Grandfather Exchanged this game for Zelda.

Shaq Fu



This was the second game I got for Christmas, 1994.  I did not like this game because it was a turnement fighter game and it was the first one I gotten. When I first started playing this game, I kept getting killed by the ememies because they make advance moves like throws, lightning spells, etc.  These moves were very difficult to dodge.

1996

The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past

This was one of my favorite SNES games I got.  My Grandfather exchanged Battle Clash for Zelda because I needed an extra acessory to play it.  When I got this game, I played this game with my brother and successfuly finished it.  I loved this game because it was an adventure game where you explore dungeons and find treasure.  This was the first Adventure I played on the SNES.  My favorite track is the Hyrule Castle.

Revolution X, Music is the Weapon

My father's friend got me Revolution X on Christmas 1996.  This game is similar to Area 51 because you are shooting off enemies, helecopters, and vehicles.  The object of the game is to bring down the New Order and save Aerosmith.  When I first got this game, I only got to the the helecopter level and kept losing.  Eventually I got past the helecopter in level 2 and made it further.

Super Mario World



In October, 1996, my brother picked up Super Mario World at the 400 Market while I got a name tag.  I fell in love with this game since I played it at Scott's house.  When I get a SNES, I always wanted this game and I did not get it right away.  I played it right through and successfuly finished it and completed all 96 worlds.


In 1998, I started playing my Father's Sony Playstation after he let me rent a game from the local Video 99 store.

Picture Refrences

Shaq Fu Boxart, Wikipedia, http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e9/ShaqFu_logo.png/256px-ShaqFu_logo.png, September 29, 2010

Super Mario World Boxart, wikipedia, http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/32/Super_Mario_World_Coverart.png/250px-Super_Mario_World_Coverart.png, September 29, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment