Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Bridges I Crossed

Why do I like Bridges?

I loved bridges since childhood.  I love the long bridges that span over rivers like the Burlington Skyway in Burlington Ontario.  When I travelled to the Myrtle Beach, SC, I crossed many large bridges.

Notable Bridges

Burlington Skyway, Burlington, ON



Between 1987 - 1997, My grandfather took me over the Burlington Skyway en-route to the US and back.  I love this bridge because of the height and the Iron Arch.

Garden City Skyway



Between 1987 - 1997, My Grandfather took me over the Garden City Skyway the same amount of times as the Burlington Skyway.  This bridge is a high level Bridge in St. Cathrines, ON.  I love this bridge because of the height and it overlooks the Welland Canel and the city of St. Cathrines

The Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls, ON



My grandfather took me over the Rainbow Bridge a few times.  This is an arch bridge that spans the Niagara River between Ontario, Canada and New York, USA.  One time, I wanted to ask to stop and walk across the Rainbow Bridge in 1989.

Queenston Lewiston Bridge, Queenston, Ontario / Lewiston, NY



Between 1990 - 1997, my Grandfather took me into New York States to go shopping along the Military Trail.  I crossed this bridge the most out of the three crossings of the Niagara River. 

Whirlpool Rapids Bridge, Niagara Falls, ON



My grandfather took me over the Whirlpool Rapids Bridge only twice.  I like this bridge because it is a double decker bridge.  Cars will travel on the lower deck and trains will travel on the upper deck.  This bridge is an Iron Arch Bridge.

Peace Bridge, Fort Erie, ON / Buffalo, NY



In 1990, my grandfather took me to the Peace Bridge for the first time en-route to Myrtle Beach, SC.  I love this bridge because of the Parker Through Truss on the American Side.  I crossed this bridge at least six times.

Ambassador Bridge, Windsor, ON



In 1991, My grandfather took me over the Ambassador Bridge in Windsor, ON en-route to Kalamazoo, MI and few other occasions too.  I like this bridge because it's the first suspension bridge I ever crossed with my Grandfather.

Bluewter Bridge, Sarnia, ON



In 1990, My grandfather took me over the Bluewater Bridge en-route to Kalamazoo MI.  I like this bridge because it features an Iron Through Truss and it's curved shape.

More Bridges will be added in the next Entry.  Keep your Ears to the Tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment