Saturday, September 4, 2010

Freaky

What Freaks me out?

Breaking and Cracking Windows


Why do cracking windows freak me out? 

When a window breaks, I will jump because of the crack appearing along with the loud snapping sound.  It's bad luck if you break a mirror.

Breaking / Cracking ice

Why does Breaking ice freak me out?

When ice breaks beneath your start cracking, I would get freaked out because of the sound of the ice.  I would jump when I hear the sound of ice breaking on small patches of thin ice because the sound catches me off guard and I get frightened when I see the cracks appear in the snow or ice.
Elevators



Why do elevators freak me out?

When I was 6 years old, I had a dream that I was in the glass elevator at the Pickering Recreating Complex.  When the elevator was travelling down to the first floor, the base of the elevator shaft broke and the elevator car fell into the abyss.

Later that year, I got stuck in an elevator in a medical building in Scarbourgh Ontario.  After riding that elevator, I wanted to take the stairs down to the main floor when it was time to leave the building.  For a few years following that experience, I did not want to ride in an elevator for.  Today, I am used to riding the elevator when I need to ride one.

Dental Lights

If you are not afraid of the Unknown of visiting a dentist or the sound of the Drills,  There is something to be afraid of.  You are afraid of the Lights.

Why are Dental lights Freaky?

The most freaky dental lights feature a broken effect in the light reflector.  When I saw a Plax Mouthwash commercial on TV in 1995, the opening scene featured a freaky dental light.



The Dental light in the picture above is freaky because of the broken effect pattern in the light reflector.  If you see this kind of light in your dental office, you may scream and never want to see a dentist again.
Thank goodness for Pelton and Crane's The Helios 3000 Light for not being scary.  The Helios 3000 light has a solid reflector and it has not scary features.  This will make vising your dentist much easier those who are scared of the lights. 

Thank you Dr Max Neiman and Associates for installing Pelton and Crane Lights in their new office.

Operating Room Lights



Some Operating Room lights may be freaky because of the patterns in the reflector.

Why are Surgical lights freaky?

There are some surgical lights that feature the broken pattern effect in the light reflector or outright strange and weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment