Tuesday, September 28, 2010

NES Games I played

This is a listing of the NES Games that I owned.

In September, 1990, my Grandfather got me a Nintendo Enterainment System (NES) for a gift after returning from a shopping weekend in the states.  The game that came with the NES was Super Mario Brothers / Duck Hunt.  I played Super Mario Brothers quite a lot and than I wanted some more games.  My aunt Cindy had a collection of games including Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, and many more.

October, 1990

Super Mario Brothers 3

Super Mario Brothers 3 was the first game my Grandfather got me.  While shopping in Sears, my Grandfather asked me what game should I get, I said Super Mario Brothers 3.

Dragon Warrior

This is the second game my Grandfather got me.  When I first got it, I did not understand the game too much because it involved reading dialog.  I finally figured it out and managed to get on to the world map.  I explored a cave near the first town and a torch was required.  I got killed by random monsters as I kept fleeing them trying to explore the world map.

November, 1990

Tenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I got this game for my birthday.  I played it and got to level 2.  The second level featured two stages.  The First stage was inside a dam and the second stage was an underwater stage.  I stopped playing this game because of the seaweed nasty sound and screen flashing.  In this underwater level, there is a timer that will count down,  If you let it count down, the screen will flash red and the game is over,  This was a major Game Freak Out.

Check out Youtube Video to see the underwater stage for yourself.



This youtube video was uploaded by flamingbabygames.

January, 1991

Super Mario Brothers 2

This was the fourth game I got for my NES my Grandfather got me.  I got this game and I played it to the end of the first stage.  When I got to the Birdo boss, I did not know what to do.  I just wandered back through the stage.  My grandfather invited a friend over and he showed me what to do and than I was able to play onward in the game. 

February, 1991

Air Fortress

While I was visiting my Aunt's place I found an intersting game titled Air Fortress in the game collection.  I put the game on and played it through the first Fortress.  When I got to the core, I did not know what to do than, I simply touched it and the game ended.  After picking up the game at the store, I played through the fortress and started shooting at the core and than the screen flashed and went dark.  I had a Freak Out when I got killed in this game.  The screen will inverse colours and than the game ends.


June, 1991

Mega Man III

My Grandfather got me this NES game after asking him to get me a Mega Man game.  I have rented Mega Man II from a near by video store and I did not like it at the time.  My likes have changed since than and I wanted to get this game.  In July, 1991, My brother played this game with me and managed to finish the game.  I did not know what will happen when you finish a game.  Some games may let you re-play the game and the stages may be harder.  I thought when you finish a game, the levels in the game may change.  Upon finishing the game, there was an ending sequence and a credits roll and the music played on and on.  I started to cry because it was the first time that I seen a video game ending.

October 1991
 
The Adventures of Lolo


My Grandfather brought back this game after a weekend of shopping in the USA with my Grandmother.  I stayed home with my father while took the trip.  This game is a puzzle game that you must collect the hearts in order to collect the jewel and clear the board.  There are traps like fire breathing dragons, walking skulls, and Medusa heads.
November 1991

Astyanax

Barbara and my Father helped me pick out a game at the Ames Store at 1577 Military Road, Niagara Falls, NY.  I picked out the game Astyanax because it featured a dragon and a knight on the box art. 

My Brother played this game first and he got to the first couple of pitfalls, he got knocked off.  He said to me after getting knocked into the pitfall," Why didn't you tell me that was there?"  The enemy is a flower like creature that sits on the ground between the two pitfalls that will attack the and knock the blind player who attempts to jump into the pitfall by spitting a projectile.

July, 1992

Game Genie

My Brother asked my grandfather to get a game genie for the NES.  The Game Genie was a video game enhancer that will alter the game play, character stats, ammo usage, etc.  There were so many games that were difficult to play without the Game Genie.  When my brother got the Game Genie, I borrowed Zelda II and started punching in random codes and see what happens.  Some codes I punch in results in changing the music, or the overworld map.  The Downfall of code guessing was that it resulted in erasing your game and having to start over.  My brother would get mad if I erased his game due to code guessing and he will not let me do it anymore.  After getting the Game Genie, My brother tried finishing the difficult games in the collection like Air Fortress, Super Mario Bros 2, Astyanax, and more.



November, 1992

Yoshi

I got this game as a birthday present from one of my realitves.  Yoshie is a mario based puzzle game where you line up the pictures in threes to clear the board.

February, 1993

Mega Man IV

My grandfather got me Mega Man IV.  I liked this game because of the music and game play.  When I got this game I played it every day after school until it was time to shut the game down for the night.

May, 1993

Legend of Zelda

I went to the store Wana Trade in Mt Albert to get a new game in exchange for the game Yoshi.  I wanted to trade Yoshie for Legend of Zelda because it was a better game.  Wana Trade is the first video game store that I been to where you can rent, trade, and sell your unfavorite games.

October, 1993

Castlevania III

My brother went to a garage sale hosted by the owner of Wana Trade.  My brother picked up this game while I was visiting Alma Barnett's for Halloween weekend.  When I got back, I played this game with my brother every night after school until bed time.

December, 1993

Tetris 

I wanted Tetris because I was playing this game everytime I visited my Grandmother's place.  I gotten so much practice and learning what to do.  The object of tetris is to create horozontal lines and the pieces will be removed from the board.  After I was playing it for awhile, my grandfather picked up the game and started playing it and he got high scores on it.  He got to level 11 one time.

Solar Jetman

My grandfather got Solar Jetman as a Christmas gift from my Grandmother.  My grandmother got him Solar Jet Man thinking that he enjoy it as much as Air Fortress.  I played this game with my brother.

November, 1994

Yoshie Again!

Barbara, my Father's wife got me this game for my Birthday again.  I traded this game for Legend of Zelda and Barbara had the wits to get this game for me again.  "I did not want this game," I said to Barbara.  "Sorry, I cannot take it back," Replied Barbara.  The game cannot be returned because it was on sale.

May, 1995

Final Fantasy

My grandfather took me to Microplay to trade in a game.  I traded in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Final Fantasy.  After the trade, I got one Buck.  I loved this game and I wanted to play through the entire game.  When I got the game, it featured a Monster Chart and and Maps of dungeons.  My brother paid for the game.  Me and my brother played through the entire game together.

December, 1995

Iron Sword -Wizards and Warriors 2

I got this game for my brother for Christmas.  This was the last NES game that I got on the NES.  I was interested in this game because of the music and the gameplay.  When I got this game for my brother, I was thinking about that he may like it since when he tried it out at BJ's in the USA. 

SNES

My grandfather got me a SNES for Christmas with two games.  The first game was Shaq Fu and the other was Aero the Acrobat.  I wanted a SNES because there was no more NES games.

No comments:

Post a Comment