Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Bridges that I crossed Part 2

In this entry, I will be telling you about the bridges of the USA.  There are so many large bridges in the states and some of them do not have any name.

Unknown Bridge, I 79, PA

In 1990, 1991, and 1993, My Grandfather took me over this long bridge that spans across a wetland south of Meadville Pennsylvania. 

Neville Island Bridge, I 79, Pittsburgh, PA



In March, 1990, my Grandfather took me across this bridge en-route to Myrtle Beach, SC. This arch bridge is different compared to the Burlington Skyway because it's a Tied arch bridge.  I like this bridge because of the colour and the arch feature.


Belle Vernon Bridge, Monongahela, PA



In 1990, My Grandfather took me across the Bell Vernon Bridge en-route home from Myrtle Beach, SC.  This bridge is an arch bridge that spans the Monongahela River.  This bridge is also known as the Speers Bridge or the Speers / Belle Bridge.

 The Brent Spence Bridge, Cincinnati, Ohio




In 1992, my Grandfather took me across the Brent Spence Bridge en-route to Orlando Florida.  This is a double-decker cantilever bridge that carries I 71 and I 75 across the Ohio River.  I like this bridge because of the Through Truss and it is pretty long.  When you are traveling southbound, you will be on the upper deck and if you are tarveling norhbound, you will be on the lower deck.


There are many more bridges that I have crossed in the USA.  I am unable to locate them and get the names.  I will be listing off the tunnels that I been through next.


These bridges posted were some memories of my trips to the USA with my Grandfather.  Thank you for reading.



Keep your ears to the Tracks

Refrences:

Belle Vernon Bridge, Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Vernon_Bridge, September, 23, 2010

Brent Spence Bridge, Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Spence_Bridge 


Neville Island Bridge, Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neville_Island_Bridge



No comments:

Post a Comment