Monday, September 27, 2010

The Toys I played With Part II

There are so many toys that I had since Kindergarten and I had them right through to teen hood.

Fisher Price Play Family Farm

This is the famous barn that says Moo! when you open and close the left hand door of the barn.  This was one my favorite toys because of the Moo door.  I bugged my brother with it and he dunked the barn into the bathtub and it stopped mooing for a week.

Rock-a-by-Baby Teddy Bear

This is a stuffed teddy bear with a music box inside that played Rock-a-by-Baby.  The colour of it was white and I had it for at least 10 years.

LEGO



Lego is one of my favorite building blocks.  I built many things like bridges, castles, and much more.  I was very creative with Lego.

Blue-Box Truck/Car Wash


December 25, 1988, I got a car wash for Christmas.  This car wash featured water jets, converbelt, and a blue roof.  This car wash operated with levers. The red lever ran the belt and the blue lever ran the water jets.

I asked for a car wash for Christmas 1988 and there were two car washes I wanted. The first car wash I saw featured a mitter curtian on the box and in the catalogue

Gas Can Mountain Service



Gas Can Mountain Service was a Micro Machines gas station that featured two tunnels and an elevator.  When the toy is closed.  The gas can is placed on its side and the sides open up forming the base and the top opens and revealing a scenic backdrop of a large river.  I got this on November 23, 1989 as a birthday present from my Grandfather.  I wanted this toy after finding it in a store flyer.



Micro Machines City with Car Wash


On December 25, 1989, My Grandfather got me another car wash.  This car wash was included with one of the parts of the Micro Machines City sets.  This car wash that featured a hand crank convyerbelt, and a mitter curtian.  The crank on this car wash was very stiff to turn. 


Might Max  Escapes from Skull Dungeon



On Christmas, 1993, My Grandfather got me Skull Dungeon. I wanted this play set because I was into dungeons.  This playset is similar to Polly Pocket.  The facade featured a skull face with an opening mouth.  The interior featured Dr Frankenstein's Lab and a trap door.  On the skull face, there is a staircase and a working door and holding cell. Three figures were featured including Might Max, Dr Frankenstein (Dr Gore), and The Monster (Smasher).

The picture was from Mighty Max Wikia, http://mightymax.wikia.com/wiki/Mighty_Max_Escapes_From_Skull_Dungeon

No comments:

Post a Comment