Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Car Washes I Visited.

The Stories of my Car Wash Experience

I have been through a few automatic car washes in my childhood.  I have been afraid to go to the automatic car wash because of the sound of the brushes as they whip against the car and the Darkenss.  I have not been through an automatic car wash since 2001 with my Aunt Cindy.  This is my Story.

Clean Plus Car Wash at the Shell Station at 166, Davis Drive, Newmarket, ON

This is the first Automatic Car Wash I have been to.  I got pretty scared on the first time through it.  As the car creeped towards the enterance of the tunnel, I saw the blue mitter curtian swaying from side to side.  I did not know what this is.  At that time, I was more familliar with Coin Self Serve Car Washes.

Sunoco Car Van Wash at 15612 Yonge Street, Aurora, ON

This is a much easier car wash to pass through because it has four large bay windows that the driver and the passengers in the car can see out.  This car wash eliminates the Darkness Freak Out.  In 1989 - 1990 the entrance featured a blue overhead Rotary Brush.

Park Way Car Wash at 2055 Sheppard Ave East, Toronto, ON

In 1989, I went through this car wash once.  I was not scared of this car wash at all because I got out of the car because it's a full service auto detail car wash.  There was no Freak out at all. 

A car wash on Steeles Ave



In 1989, my grandfather took me through a car wash that featured a green mitter curtian as you apparoach and a red rotary brush in place of the second mitter curtian.  The Freak Factor of this car wash was high because of the rotary brush.

Esso Car Wash at 9999 Bayview Avenue, Richmond Hill






In 1989, Mark took me through this car wash 3 - 4 times en route to a summer camp in Maple Ontario.  This was the first In-Bay car wash I been through.  The Darkness Freak Factor was not an issue because there was a large bay window on the side of the car wash.  This bay car wash featured an overhead roatary brush and four side brushes on a machine that travels back and forth over the car.

Canadian Tire Car Wash at 2370 Finch Avenue West

In 1994, my Grandfather took me through this car wash at least three times.  It features a blue mitter curtian at the entrance portal of the tunnel.  If you get an Ulitmate Wash, there is a red light arch way that will flash.  I have been through two ultimate washes and four regular washes.  There was a card that grants you one free ultimate wash if after buying 9 regular washes.


Smokin Joes Car Wash at 2293 Saunders Settlement Road, Sanborn, NY


In 1997, this was the last car wash my Grandfather took me through.  This was a windowless carwash and the freak factor was minimal.  I was nervous because it was the first car wash I been through in the USA.  I though that american car washes features the amber lamp dryer that makes lots of noise and it's scary.  

Klassic Auto Wash at 129 Anne St S, Barrie, ON

In 2000, my Father took me through the Klassic Auto wash in Barrie, Ontario.  The funny thing that happened, there was a crack in the window and my father had to get me to wipe up the foam that got inside the car.  This car wash featured a three colour flashing arch that says "Tripple Foam" when you buy "The Works."


Sunoco Car Wash at 1195 Davis Drive, Newmarket, ON

In 2001, Aunt Cindy took me through this car wash three times after visiting my doctor in Newmarket.  This car wash had windows to let the light in to reduce the Freak Factor of the Darkness.  This was the first touchless tunnel car wash I have been through.





No comments:

Post a Comment